This is a full-time* professional position. We are looking for someone with energy and enthusiasm for volunteerism and community collaboration and ability to think creatively about new solutions and pathways for greater impact. The preferred candidate will be someone with experience managing, training and supporting volunteers and community partners.
Photo Credit: Axie Breen
Volunteer Program roles and responsibilities:
- Coordination and leadership of volunteer program operations; work collaboratively with staff team to execute expansion of volunteer capacities
- Management of existing volunteer program operations
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- Build capacity of program to create stronger impacts for volunteers, clients and community
- Create strategy and plans for different types of volunteer and community collaboration
- Schedule and train volunteers working with specific program personnel
- Assist in the evaluation of the projects and make recommendations for improvement
- Play an important role in executing engagement and stewardship plans for donors and partners
- Participate in the development/coordination of donor and volunteer engagement events and initiatives, including the annual fundraising gala.
- Assist with writing to support volunteer recruitment and community engagement, such as blog posts, client stories, and other social media.
Building upon the attributes and competencies required of all JFS staff: this position requires:
Strong Program and People Management Competencies:
- Ability to execute program work plans, ensure the completion of outputs and ensure data tracking systems are kept up to date and complete
- Understanding of and ability to work within program budget
- Ability to engage, support/supervise and develop staff and volunteers
- Ability to work well with community partners/external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
Content/Context Specific Competencies:
- Knowledge & expertise in area related to function/program
- Knowledge & expertise in relevant technology/data management platforms and systems
Experience: Minimum 2 years in field
Education: Bachelor Degree at minimum, Master’s Degree preferred
*This position could be modified to be a part-time position for the right candidate.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit resumes and cover letters to Lino Covarrubias, COO at email@example.com
About JFS of Metrowest:
Jewish Family Service of Metrowest (JFS) is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to standing up for those left behind and provides services to over 5,000 people in need within the Metrowest and Greater Boston regions each year, including extended day academic support for low income children, nutrition and basic family assistance for struggling families, citizenship and immigrant programs and geriatric care management and other support services that enable frail older adults to live independently. JFS’ mission is to provide vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need.
Please view JFS Annual Report to get an overview. https://www.jfsmw.org/PDF/2018-JFS-Report-Community-final.pdf