Job Title: PROGRAM SPECIALIST
• Volunteer and Community Engagement Specialist
• Reducing Achievement Gaps Team Member
Jewish Family Service of Metrowest (JFS) is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to standing up for those left behind and provides services to over 5,000 people in need within the Metrowest and Greater Boston regions each year, including extended day academic support for low income children, nutrition and basic family assistance for struggling families, citizenship and immigrant programs and geriatric care management and other support services that enable frail older adults to live independently. JFS’ mission is to provide vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need.
This is a full-time professional position. We are looking for someone with energy and enthusiasm for volunteerism and community collaboration and ability to think creatively about new solutions and pathways for greater impact. The preferred candidate will be someone with experience managing, training and supporting volunteers and community partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Goals:
• Coordination and leadership of volunteer program operations and special projects as needed
• Management of existing program operations
• Community Outreach and Engagement
• Build capacity of program to create stronger impacts for volunteers, clients and community
Reducing Achievement Gaps
• Work with the staff team to develop and administer curriculum – with a special focus on Social Emotional Learning
• Work directly with elementary school student’s in the extended day program.
• Plan and manage volunteer training, orientation and ongoing supervision and communication
• Maintain relationships with all stakeholders including funders and school staff
• Communicate regularly with parents, students, teachers, school administrators
• Work as a team to manage student behavior
• Assure safety and well-being of all students, volunteers and staff.
• Record and measure student progress
• Assist with the evaluation of program strategy and effectiveness.
• Secure necessary supplies for program staff
• Coordinate with the Wilson Family Assistance Program staff
• Plan and coordinate new projects, special events & donations, and potential new resources for the school community
• Maintain data tracking systems
Children’s Clothing Closet
• Work collaboratively with staff team to execute expansion of project
• Create strategy and plans for different types of volunteer and community collaboration
• Schedule and train volunteers
• Oversee and manage group volunteering events and projects
• Assist in the evaluation of the project and make recommendations for improvement
• Maintain community relationships and partnerships
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
• Experience coordinating and supervising volunteers
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Bi-lingual, Spanish/Portuguese a plus
• Ability to work independently and take initiative in meeting program goals
• Team orientation
• Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, email and internet protocols
• Experience with desktop publishing tools, video editing software a plus
• Requires local travel, occasional evening or weekend work. License to drive in the U.S. required and have access to vehicle.
• Includes picking up and carrying boxes of supplies to and from site.
Contact: Lino Covarrubias, 508-875-3100 x 120, Lino@jfsmw.org
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to Lino@jfsmw.org