IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE
CEO Marc Jacobs Receives the Middlesex Savings Charitable Foundation’s
John R. Heerwagen Award for Nonprofit Leadership
(Framingham, MA) – Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest, a non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need, is pleased to announce that CEO Marc Jacobs is this year’s recipient of the John R. Heerwagen Award for Non-profit Leadership from Middlesex Savings Charitable Foundation.
This prestigious annual award recognizes a strong, nonprofit leader whose work significantly has benefited the lives and wellbeing of residents within the Foundation’s community. It reflects the support John R. Heerwagen, former CEO of Middlesex Savings Bank, provided to the Foundation and its efforts to help strengthen local nonprofits, his belief in the importance of leadership and the need to develop and recognize strong leaders. A one-time grant of $15,000 accompanies the award.
Additionally, JFS will receive a 2018 Middlesex Savings Bank grant of $20,000 to support the JFS Children’s Clothing Closet.
“I am honored beyond words to be the recipient of the John R. Heerwagen Award for Nonprofit Leadership,” stated Jacobs. “John set the standard, the bar very high as a business and community leader; and Middlesex Savings Bank continues to demonstrate that through Mike McAuliffe’s current leadership. Though this award is for me, it really is not, and should not be about me. I am the lucky one to lead an extraordinary organization.”
JFS offers a range of services targeted to the needs of persons of diverse ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds, residing in Metrowest communities. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden impacts. JFS is “staff driven, volunteer powered, community invested” and is proud to be our community’s vehicle for acts of loving kindness and for measureable impacts.
About JFS of Metrowest
JFS is a community-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works with over 5,000 people within the Metrowest and Greater Boston regions each year, targeting at-risk families, individuals, immigrants, and elders aging in place. Dedicated to standing up for those left behind, JFS is:
- Increasing the ability of frail elders to maximize independence and quality of life as they navigate the challenges that come with aging
- Accelerating academic achievement and pathways to college for low-income and first-generation students
- Providing safety, hope and opportunity for refugees victimized by world conflict
- Advancing equity with comprehensive assistance that empowers immigrant families to succeed
- Reducing poverty in our community with case management, basic needs assistance and employment readiness support
- Building families through adoption
JFS Provides the tools to meet life’s obstacles to stabilize during a crisis and optimally achieve self-sufficiency, strengthen lives, improve wellbeing, and build a stronger community. JFS’ sound fiscal management practices have earned it a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator. To learn more about JFS, visit http://www.jfsmw.org/ or click to view the 2018 Report to the Community.
- Middlesex Savings Charitable Foundation Recognizes the Recipient of the John R. Heerwagen Award for Non-profit Leadership
- Congrats to Marc Jacobs From Jewish Family Service of MetroWest on receiving the 2018 John R. Heerwagen Award for Nonprofit Leadership. (Twitter)
- Marc Jacobs, CEO, JFS of Metrowest, is this years recipient of the John R. Heerwagen Award for Non-profit Leadership (LinkedIn)
- Marc Jacobs, CEO, Jewish Family Service of MetroWest, is this years recipient of the John R. Heerwagen Award for Non-profit Leadership.(Facebook)
- Middlesex Savings Bank Foundation honors Marc and JFS.(Constant Contact)