Fee for Service Position: Geriatric Care Manager will maintains a complex caseload of private geriatric care management clients, including conducting assessments, care planning, advocacy and family liaison work. Some weekend and evening hours will be required to meet client needs. Initial Assessments average 3-5 hours.
• Conducts care planning assessments to identify problems and provide solutions. Consults with clients and families to address older adults’ healthcare and psychosocial needs and improve their overall care. Creates a comprehensive plan of care as requested.
• Assesses and monitors the client’s mental, physical, and environmental status and makes appropriate recommendations as needed.
• Communicates and facilitates client relationships with family.
• Acts as a liaison to families living outside of the area, overseeing care and quickly alerting families to problems.
• Screens, arranges, and monitors in-home help or other services. Interacts with other in-home services.
• Acts as a medical advocate; may accompany older adult to medical appointments and report back to family as requested. May schedule medical appointments and evaluations as needed
• Reviews financial and/or medical issues and offers referrals to geriatric specialists to avoid future problems while conserving financial resources.
• May assist with filing for Long Term Care Insurance benefits, advocating as necessary for provision of services.
• May organize client’s bills, paperwork and mail as requested. May assist client with budgeting, debt management, and creating electronic systems for bill payment.
• Master’s prepared social worker or RN. BSW may be considered with five years experience.
• Flexible schedule required; on-call availability
• Knowledge of aging process, family systems, mental health, healthcare and disability services.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in the field.
• Understanding of the complexity of private pay care management service.
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Valid Massachusetts Driver’s license and up-to-date auto insurance and car available for work
• Ability to travel and visit client’s in their homes or facilities
• Ability to work flexible hours that may include evenings and/or weekends.
• Computer knowledge including ability to work with MS Office and other computer programs as needed.
• Pay commensurate with experience