This gallery contains 2 photos.
Throughout the past couple months, the Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest Clothing Closet volunteer committee has been quite literally rolling up their sleeves collecting and sorting clothing in preparation for the Clothing Closet’s first pop-up event. This pop-up event was designed to provide a store-like shopping experience at the Woodrow Wilson Elementary School in Framingham, a school with many vulnerable immigrant families. The 20 Metrowest families, equaling over 65 individuals, who attended the event were thrilled by the opportunity to “shop” for summer and back to school clothing that otherwise they may not have been able to afford. In total, over 500 items were distributed to these families in less than 3 hours! Although our first Clothing Closet pop-up event was able to serve many families, we at JFS know that there is more to be done. This coming fall we aim to be back at the Woodrow Wilson Elementary School for our second pop-up event, this time featuring winter gear such as hats, coats, and gloves.
If you are interested in donating, volunteering, or have any questions, please contact Rina Wagman at 508-875-3100 x.420 or at: email@example.com or Kayla Hopkins at 508-875-3100 x.220 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
August 5, 2016
Title: Program Specialist at JFS
Jewish Family Service of Metrowest (JFS) is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and general community.
This particular position is centered in JFS’ body of work with low income immigrant children and families as well as in coordination of other immigrant, refugee and community services.
The Program Specialist will have responsibilities across these primary areas of JFS programs and services:
- Youth development services and academic programming in JFS Reducing Achievement Gaps program for low income, mostly Brazilian immigrant children and their families.
- Case Management and coordination of expanded refugee resettlement and integration services; including partnership coordination that will principally include synagogues, as well as churches, mosques and professional organizations and volunteers in a new project for Syrian refugee families.
- Programming in existing citizenship assistance services.
- Programming in pilot initiatives creating access to college for first generation students.
This is an extraordinary opportunity in a healthy, mission-driven organization for an energetic problem-solver; a social worker wishing to work in a diverse community with individuals and families facing life challenges; to work in a social action environment that engages the community and volunteers in compelling manners; to work in a fast moving, frequently changing environment.
- MSW or advanced degree in Human Services
- Strong youth development background
- Community-organizing and volunteer management experiences
- Program development/management experiences
- Prior multi-linguistic, multi-cultural community experiences a plus
- Prior experience in immigrant resettlement and integration a plus
- Social entrepreneurial orientation
- Ability to be successful in a performance management culture
- Ability to problem solve in real time
- Ability to be part of an interactive, supportive team with high expectations
- Ability to set limits and to maintain boundaries
- Ability to develop and maintain knowledge of resources in the community
- Ability to multi-task and to operate independently and autonomously
JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $2.6 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the general community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic— with Purpose– and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color, Hispanic/Latino/Latina and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please submit electronically a cover letter with resume to
Chief Executive Officer
JFS of Metrowest, 475 Franklin Street, Framingham, MA